QuickBooks error #15215 depicts issues related to payroll update. It comes with the message that states “Unable to verify digital signature”. There are lots of things that you need to know as a QuickBooks user. Here, in this guide, we will be assisting you with unknown facts related to the issue. So, make sure to be attentive throughout the post and learn different ways to troubleshoot the problem.
Well, the error occurs when you are involved in a procedure like downloading the payroll. The error indicates issues while verifying the digital signature. It also occurs due to damaged programs and files related to the software. There are various solutions that you can try for troubleshooting. But, first, make sure to restart your system and access QuickBooks as system administrator. You can also configure the settings of Internet Explorer if needed. To know various reasons that lead up to this issue, you can get into the further section.
In this section, we will discover the causes behind the occurrence of the error. Also, know about the various signs that appear on your QuickBooks desktop. So, make sure to go through each point wisely to identify the issue and its causes.
Well, the causes of QuickBooks error #15215 are as follows:
- Improper setting of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Missing QuickBooks payroll related files and folders.
- Another program and file running in the background makes this error appear.
- Improper configuration of QuickBooks software.
- Corruption within your QB application.
- Malware and antivirus could bring another kind of issue.
Now, get into some more pointers and know different symptoms of this agitated issue.
- Windows is not running at a good pace.
- Freezing within the computer.
- The screen displays texts like Error code 15215: Unable to verify the digital signature.
- Active programs stop suddenly in the middle of the operation.
- The system does not show the command given by Keyboard and mouse inputs.
Now that you have understood the causes and symptoms of this error. It’s time to move into the last and most awaited section that consists of the troubleshooting.
This section is entirely based on troubleshooting. So, you don’t have to be haunted anymore. Just, go through each section and eliminate this issue from your device.
This is the first solution that we will try and fix QuickBooks error #15215. Many of us tend to download some updates without saving the changes through restarting. Well, restarting has many many benefits. It not only modifies your system with changes but also resolves issues related to the software. So, make sure that you restarted your system before moving ahead with the further guide. Move below only if the system brings the same error text.
- First thing first, you need to close the QuickBooks software.
- After that, navigate towards the tab named Internet Explorer.
- Once done, you need to move towards the Tools button.
- Hit the Internet Options thereafter.
- Move towards the Advanced button now.
- Now, you need to find three tabs which are named Use TLS 1.0, USe TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2.
- Thereafter, remove the checkmark from two options such as Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2.
- Also, put a tick mark symbol on Use TLS 1.0.
- Press the OK button now.
- Don’t forget to close the Internet Explorer window.
- When you have accessed the system, just access the QuickBooks software.
- The last and final step for you to do is to download the QuickBooks update.
When these two solutions would not work, move towards the third one and make sure to run QuickBooks application as admin. With this, the software gets all the right to fight against all other third party programs.
- The first and foremost step for you to do is to shut down your QuickBooks software.
- Once done, move towards the icon placed on your desktop screen.
- Perform a right click on the same and select the option named Run as administrator.
- Make sure to tap the Yes button when you see a text named “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your system?”
So, these are the three solutions that you can try to resolve the issue. We hope that the guide above has resolved all the questions forming in your mind. QuickBooks is a business-accounting software used by many across the world. There are lots of prons and cons of this application. The most common con is its error prone nature. The software gets easily corrupted with the bugs and thus brings several different issues and error codes. For business professionals like you, it becomes hard to know the troubleshooting. That’s why we are here with this guide and offering different ways to fix this QuickBooks error #15215.