Stumbled upon Quickbooks error H202 while switching to multi-user mode? Don’t stress; we have got your back. In this post, we have discussed some quick fixes to resolve the error.
Quickbooks error H202 usually occurs when you try to switch to multi-user mode in Quickbooks. Also, this can occur while you are attempting to open a file saved on some other system. The error message implies that the Quickbooks multi-user mode is blocked or the file is stored on another system, and Quickbooks needs help connecting. Because of this, you won’t be able to open a file on the system. But, you can also get rid of the errors if you follow some basic troubleshooting methods. Read this troubleshooting guide to know how to get rid of the H202 Quickbooks error.
Sources of Quickbooks error H202
Here is a complete list of all the possible reasons for which you can encounter Quickbooks error H202.
- The prevalent reason is that the settings are not configured correctly.
- In case the antivirus or firewall present on the system is interrupting the communication between the company file and application.
- You have improperly configured DNS settings.
- Services related to the Quickbooks application are not running on your system.
- The database server manager is encountering some issues.
- The network file is corrupted or damaged.
Traits of Quickbooks Error H202
You can notice the following changes in your system to identify the error.
- Unable to use Quickbooks in multi-user mode.
- You may not be able to access any file stored on any other system.
- The error message pops up on the screen again and again.
- Your system or maybe Quickbooks application is freezing or not responding to any inputs.
Quick Fixes for Quickbooks Error H202
To resolve the Quickbooks error code H202, you need to ensure that you have logged in to your system as an admin. Follow the methods mentioned below to get rid of the H202 Quickbooks error.
Method 1: Employ File Doctor Tool
The very first method that we suggest is to use the Quickbooks file doctor tool. It is one of the most reliable tools to get rid of Quickbooks-related errors. The device is readily available on the Quickbooks official site. To use the tool, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, open Quickbooks’ official website and then download the Quickbooks file doctor on the system.
- You will then have to click on the downloaded file and then open the installation process.
- Open the Quickbooks tool on the system and then click on the Browse option and choose the file you wish to scan.
- Now, tick the checkbox and then choose the Continue option.
- After this, type the admin credentials and then choose the Next option.
- Wait for the scan to complete, as it may take some time because the speed depends upon your file’s size and your internet speed.
Method 2: Install Quickbooks Database Manager
You may also face Quickbooks error code H202 because of the issues with the Quickbooks database server manager. Installing and Run Quickbooks database server manager can help you to resolve the issue.
- To start with, click on the Windows icon, go to the search box, and type the database.
- You will then have to choose a database server manager from the listed application.
- Now, you need to click on the Browse option and then go to the folder where you have stored your file.
- Next, choose the start scan option and then wait for it to complete.
- When it completes, you will have to choose a close option.
- Now, open Quickbooks on every system in your network and then choose the File option.
- You will now have to choose the option to switch to multi-user mode.
- If you are now able to use multi-user mode, it means that the error is resolved.
Method 3: Check Network Settings
In case you cannot switch to multi-user mode, there are chances that there is a network issue. So, you need to check the network connectivity by following the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to open the Run window on the screen by pressing the Windows key and R key together.
- In the Run window, type cmd and then click on OK.
- After this, you will have to ping the server. For this, you need to type ping_server name in the cmd and then press the enter key.
- You will then have to follow all the steps mentioned above on each system you face the error on.
Method 4: Add Quickbooks DBXX and QBCFMonitorService to Admin Group
You will have to grant QBCFMonitorService and QuickbooksDBXX services windows permissions. Initially, these services do not have any admin permissions. So, you will have to do it manually. Granting the Quickbooks services admin permissions can fix the error to a greater extent.
All the methods mentioned in the above article are doable in fixing Quickbooks error H202. In case you continue to face the same error, we suggest you contact the support team.